Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Days with King Fisher


The King fisher is an awesome cute bird with great hunting skills.
Its very rate to sight king fishers in the city.
I saw few crows attacking a king fisher at my back yard.
It got hurt and was very tired and it struggled a lot to fly.
There was slight bleeding in its leg and some of its feathers are plucked by the crows. I rescued it from the crows. It’s a mid sized bird.
It had a very sharp beak & claws.
It was shivering when I took it.
I kept in my room and gave some water and fruits.
It’s a bright blue bird with magnificent shiny feathers. its leg was dark brown.
I took it at evening, till morning it struggled to walk and it did not have any food.
After a day is passed it started to recover. It started taking small amount of food.
Its claws are very sharp, it can hurt a bit on our skin even when it walks over our hand.
If it holds the fish, part of its claws will definitely penetrate the skin.
During hunting of the fishes, it's so quick with high precision aim.
For two to three days it slowly recovered and fourth day it was strong enough to fly.
The sure shot hunter took off its adventurous flight, to continue the high speed catches.
I was very happy to see the little bird flying.
When I rescued the bird, I was 11 yrs. Still I remember the beautiful cute hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment