Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Biggest ringneck parrot


During my travel, when ever I come across parrots, i will think about tweety and spike….
I missed them very much : (
At Varanasi I was walking on the temple streets. The streets are very narrow with full of continues or close buildings on the both the side of the street. When I on the streets I heard continuous parrot calls, it was very loud. The sound seems to be not a casual call, it sounded as a desperate loud call for food. I was looking on all floors of building to see the parrots. My tweety or spike never made sound like that. I fell the sense of pain in that parrots call : (
Finally I came near the parrots location, I was surprised to see them ….
I saw a cage on the street, in that cage I saw the biggest ring neck parrot in my life.
It was a pair of Alexandrians … OMG its head diameter was equivalent to my hand in folded to first level and its beak was very huge. It can easily cut our fingers..
The orange share on its feather was magnificent. Male bird ring and its color was amazing. It had a pretty big orange band. It sound was huge ..its total length is around my hands length from my shoulder to my finger tip. It had a strong tone which is proportional to its size. The cage was too small for the birds : (
I felt very bad to see the magnificent birds in the cage : (
I prayed to god to get a good owner for them. when I came back from temple on the same way, those birds was taken away : (

No comments:

Post a Comment