Monday, February 28, 2011

Ringneck parrots territory bond


Ringneck parrots gives more importants to their territory.
My Tweety is also very serious about her room. She will not allow any other parrots inside my room : ). Once my friend went to a seven days vacation, he wanted me to take care both of his adult ringneck parrots, till he is back from vacation.
He bought two of them in two cages. One of the cage is blue and another is pink.
I kept both of the cages at my room, near tweetys cair..
Tweety started behaving restless. She slowly jumped down from chair and climbed one of the cage. She came round the cage and started going near, one of the parrots place.
It started biting the bigger female. The bigger ringneck, first avoided the tweetys
Biting and it went away from tweetys presence. After few min the bigger one also become angry and started fighting with tweety. I was confused to see the behavior of tweety .. Thank god the cage was in between both of them it protected from the attacks.
It was arround 11.30 pm at night : ) both the ringnecks screamed and fought ferociously.
I was surprised to see the amount of anger from the young ringneck parrot…
When I tried to separate tweety from that spot it even tried to attack me : (
I never seen tweety screaming like that before. I took a news paper and put over the cage to cover their eye contacts. It worked well, tweety stopped screaming and it was bit ok after some time. But it tried to remove the paper from the cage. I took tweety away from the cage and put her at her place, and removed the paper from the cage. Again tweety started screaming a lot. The bigger ringneck stopped screaming.
I tried shifting the both the new comers to the near by room. Tweety was back to normal immediately once the parrots are taken away .
Omg I saw the intensity of the anger of ringnecks at that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment