Monday, February 21, 2011

Ringneck parrot thinking


Young ring neck parrots will closely watch every movement we do.
It has a great talent of learning things very quickly. My tweety is also, a smart fellow.
On week days, I will start to office at 8 am and will be back home at 8.30 pm daily. So I have to pick tweety and keep it with me, at least for few mins at morning and night without fail. If I did not pick her, she will start making loud sounds.
She will continue making sound till I pick her. She will not leave me even if I m brushing : ) she will sit peacefully on my shoulder and keep looking around. If I come near the mirror it will play with the mirror. It will try biting the glass and its frame.
The best thing is, it will play along its mirror image. It will try moving in all the directions and see its images movement also : ) it will use its claws to clean its feathers. It will stop the movement of its leg and see suddenly what its image Is doing : )
It will stop the leg in half action flow and continue the action again seeing the mirror : )
It always like to play with it. I rarely take her near the mirror. If I take her accidently, it will always play with the mirror for longer minutes. At terrace it likes to see the birds flying around. It will always get exited if any ringneck parrots fly around.
It always closely watches the flying aircrafts by bringing her head down to 90 degree.
The best thing is it will always fear for eagles, though eagles are flying on the highest feats, tweety will get alert and hide nearer to my hand.
I always wonder how tweety knows about eagles, since tweety came home at her young age, I have a great doubt how it differentiate the birds characteristics.
It always has fear on eagles and crows, it never feared on pigeons or other non hunting birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment