Friday, January 28, 2011

Community of ringneck parrot

I went to Delhi few months ago. I visited some tourist spots in delhi. One of the good place, I have visited is Qutab Minar. I have been to qutab minar many times. But this time I noticed some thing special. I saw a biggest community of ringneck parrots and alexandrian parrots : )
OMG there count is enormous ringneck parrots were roughly in few hundreds ……
The biggest community of parrots, which I saw in my life is at that time.
Alexandrian parrots were spotted only in few numbers in that group. They are hug in size. And its vocal sound is very strong and powerful. I could not take my eye of them.

Ringneck parrots are keeping distance from Alexandrians but their groups stayed closer.
Qutab minar is a tall tower. It is surrounded by lots trees… ringneck parrots will always stay in trees intense area. They usually nest on tall structures. Mostly there nesting is found on tall trees & tall buildup structures. I saw Alexandrian in the wild for the first time. I could not move away from that place after seeing the green beauties….
I saw lots of ringneck nesting on Qutab Minar tower too…
Voice of Alex was very powerful and echoes of its calls came frequently.
Community had grownups, smaller once and little ones flying around in groups…
I enjoyed the presence of ringneck and Alexandrian parrots very much………

No comments:

Post a Comment